Arlington, Texas—The Texas Rangers will host the Baltimore Orioles in the first ever American League Wild Card Game on Friday, October 5 at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Game time is 7:37 p.m. with TBS televising the Wild Card Game. Information on the A.L. Wild Card Game:
TICKET AVAILABILITY: As of noon, there are approximately 2000 reserved seats and standing room tickets remaining for Friday night. Tickets can be purchased online at texasrangers.com/postseason. Fans can choose Print at Home or Mobile Ticket Delivery to expedite receiving their tickets. The Rangers Ballpark in Arlington West Box Office will be open until 6:00 p.m. on Thursday and will open at 9:00 a.m. on Friday. Tickets for the potential Wild Card Game in Arlington are not available by phone.
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets designated as Wild Card will be valid for the Wild Card Game. Fans who purchased a Postseason Ticket Strip including a Tiebreaker ticket should disregard that ticket.
WILL CALL INFO: Fans who have tickets at Will Call on Friday night are advised to pick up them up early to avoid lines. Will Call windows are open until 6:00 p.m. tonight and beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Friday. Will Call customers must provide photo ID, confirmation number, and credit card used to purchase tickets. Third-party tickets will not be accepted at Will Call, so fans should plan an alternate means of distribution for anyone with whom they are sharing tickets.
PARKING: The Rangers Ballpark in Arlington lots will open to the public at 2:30 p.m. on Friday. For the Wild Card Game, cash parking will be $15.00 with cash valet at $40.00. In addition, to the regular lots, the Star Lot on Magic Mile will be open for cash parking for east side traffic. Fans may follow @RangersInfo on Twitter for updates on parking availability.
TAILGATING POLICY: Effective with the 2012 postseason, the Rangers have instituted a new tailgating policy as follows:
All guests wishing to tailgate must observe the following guidelines. These guidelines have been developed to provide a fair, reasonable and safe tailgating experience for guests. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the loss of tailgating privileges and ejection from the parking lot.
- Must have a Ranger Game Ticket to access lot.
- Parking spaces are for vehicles only. They are not for tents, grills, chairs or other items.
- Tailgating is permitted only in grassy areas.
- Tailgating is permitted from the time the parking lots open until the end of the 2nd inning. Post Game tailgating is allowed up to 2 hours after the final out, at which time the lots will be cleared by security.
- The maximum area that any single tailgate space may occupy is 9-feet wide and 12-feet deep.
- Tailgating must be confined to the area adjacent to the end of the designated tailgating vehicle parking space (maximum of 12 feet from the rear of the parking vehicle).
- All guests must follow the directions and instructions provided by ballpark and security personnel.
- Please dispose of trash in the appropriate receptacles.
- Coals must be disposed of in the designated coal containers located throughout the lots. Do not dump coals or store stoves on the grass, parking areas, under or around vehicles.
The following items and activities are prohibited:
- Open flame fires of any kind. Charcoal and gas cooking is permitted.
- Deep Fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying.
- Saving parking or tailgate spaces
- Weapons or fireworks
- Sale of food, beverage or merchandise, etc.
- Outside Food Companies (other than Sportservice) are not permitted to cater tailgate parties
- Disorderly Conduct
- Advertising or promoting any third party products (including but not limited to food and beverage products).
- Amplified sound systems or the use of radios/audio devices at loud levels.
- No private porta-potties are permitted, Rangers will have porta-potties available
RV Parking and additional Tailgating Guidelines
- RV Parking is C and D RV Lots.
- RV Parking is $80 per 24 hour period
- RV Parking can be purchased through our ticketing office (817) 622-7878
- Overnight parking is allowed for most events. For more information on which events overnight parking is allowed, please contact the ticket office at (817) 273-5007.
- RV's can arrive the night before the game, between and must depart the lot by 9:30 am the day following the game (Ballpark Schedule Permitting). For more information please contact the parking office at (817) 273-5007.
- There are no electrical or water hookups.
- Spaces are 18ft X 70ft (RV's must check with parking attendant in parking lot)
- Tow cars must have a parking permit also if they are on site on game day (unless parked with RV in the same space)
- Tailgating is permitted by RV occupant within the confines of their space; not in drive aisles
- Generators are permissible within the confines of the RV space
RANGERS BALLPARK IN ARLINGTON GATES will open at 4:30 p.m. on Friday.
HOV LANE: The HOV lane on Interstate 30 will be open westbound from 4:00-7:30 p.m. and eastbound from 10:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. to accommodate traffic for the Wild Card Game.
PREGAME ACTIVITIES: All fans, 21 and older will receive a Rangers Rally Towel sponsored by Budweiser. The Legacy Brass Band will perform the National Anthem and God Bless America. The United States Marines will present the colors. The ceremonial first pitch will be announced later.