The Texas Rangers open a six-game homestand on Monday that features three games each with the Pittsburgh Pirates and Oakland A's.
This will be just the third time that Pittsburgh has ever played in Arlington, the last being 2010. Managed by former Rangers hitting coach Clint Hurdle, the Pirates are currently in second place in the National League Central Division, a half game behind St. Louis, with an 81-60 record. Texas and Pittsburgh will play on Monday, September 9 and Tuesday, September 10 at 7:05 p.m. and Wednesday, September 11 at 1:05 p.m.
With the special ticket discount, fans will be able to Pay the Day for Upper Reserved tickets during the Pittsburgh series. Upper Reserved tickets are just $9.00 on September 9; $10.00 on September 10; and $11.00 on September 11. That's a savings of $8.00 - $10.00 off of the regular gate prices.
Pay the Day tickets are available online at texasrangers.com, by calling 972-RANGERS, or at any box office location.
The finale of the series is Nolan Ryan Beef Dollar Hot Dog Wednesday. On the 12th anniversary of the nation's tragedies on September 11, 2001, there will be a Patriot Day Moment of Silence prior to Wednesday's game. The colors will be presented by the NASJRB Color Guard and the National anthem will be performed by the 531st U.S. Air Force Quintet.
The A's make their final regular season visit to Arlington to close the homestand with a 7:05 p.m. game on Friday, September 13 and day games on Saturday, September 14 at 12:05 p.m. and Sunday, September 15 at 2:05 p.m.
The Coca-Cola Fireworks Show set to the music of The Rolling Stones follows Friday's game. On Sunday, the first 30,000 fans will receive a Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Hispanic Heritage Poster and the pre-game ceremony will honor the Rangers players and coaches of Hispanic descent.
Tickets for the upcoming homestand and as well as the final 2013 regular season games with Houston (September 23-26) and the Los Angeles Angels (September 27-29) can be purchased at texasrangers.com, by calling 972.RANGERS, and at the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington ticket office.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Monday, September 9 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Texas Rangers Foundation Labor Day Race pre-game presentation
- Baseball Team USA/TCU pre-game presentation
Tuesday, September 10 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Ozarka Online Ticket Tuesday
- University of North Texas Euphonium Quartet to perform National Anthem
- UNT Air Force ROTC to present the colors
Wednesday, September 11 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates - 1:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Moment of Silence in Remembrance of Patriot Day
- 531st U.S. Air Force Quintet to perform National Anthem
- NASJRB Color Guard presentation
- Nolan Ryan Beef Dollar Hot Dog Wednesday
Friday, September 13 vs. Oakland A's - 7:05 p.m. - TXA 21-HD
- Coca-Cola Fireworks Friday postgame featuring music of The Rolling Stones
- Fans may enter FIREWORKS as the coupon code on texasrangers.com to purchase $15.00 Upper Reserved tickets
- Las Vegas Pack Your Bags Trip post-game giveaway
Saturday, September 14 vs. Oakland A's - 12:05 p.m. - FOX-HD Gates open at 10:30 a.m.
- KIA K-Zone in Sections 201-208 (all fans with tickets in those sections receive a free K-Zone t-shirt and K-card)
Sunday, September 15 vs. Oakland A's - 2:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD Gates open at 12:30 p.m.
- Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Hispanic Heritage Poster for first 30,000 fans
- Blue Bell $1 Ice Cream Sunday (youngsters, 13 and under)
- Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Hispanic Heritage Family Day pre-game presentation
- Chevy Kids Take the Field pre-game
- Run the Bases post-game