Arlington, Texas - The Texas Rangers will host the Oakland Athletics and the New York Yankees during a six-game homestand that begins on Friday, July 25. Sunday's game against the A's has a scheduled 6:05 p.m. CDT first pitch, while all other games in the homestand begin at 7:05 p.m.
The A's make the second of three visits to Arlington for a three-game series on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, July 25, 26, and 27. Friday's series opener will feature the Turnpike Troubadours Postgame Concert Presented by Budweiser and Sunday (6:05 p.m. first pitch) will be Coca-Cola Fedora Hat Night for the first 15,000 fans.
The Yankees make their only stop of the season in Arlington for a three-game set on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, July 28, 29, and 30. The Rangers will hold a ceremony before Wednesday's series finale to honor longtime Yankee Derek Jeter ahead of his final scheduled game at Globe Life Park in Arlington. The ceremony, which begins at 6:40 p.m. on Wednesday night, will include Ivan Rodriguez and Michael Young, with other details still to be announced.
Additionally at Wednesday's game, the Texas Rangers Wives "Mystery Ball" Sale will take place from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Texas Rangers Foundation Booth located on the Lower Concourse near Section 13. For $50.00 per ball, fans can take their chance of a "Mystery Ball" signed on the sweet spot by individual members of the 2014 club, as well as ball signed by greats Nolan Ryan, Fergie Jenkins, Ivan Rodriguez, and many more. All proceeds from the "Mystery Ball" sale will benefit the Richard Durrett Family Fund.
The homestand features Texas A&M University Night on July 27, another in the line of Texas Rangers/FOX Sports Southwest University Days/Nights. Discounted tickets for A&M students and alumni can be purchased at www.texasrangers.com/tamu.
I-30 HOV T-RAMP TO BE OPEN: Beginning with this homestand, the I-30 HOV T-ramp at the Baird Farm Road bridge will be open between SH161 and SH360. The east-west HOV lane from Dallas remains under construction. Please continue to follow @RangersInfo on Twitter for current traffic and parking information.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Friday, July 25, 2014 vs. Oakland Athletics - 7:05 p.m. - TXA21
- Turnpike Troubadours Postgame Concert presented by Budweiser
- First pitch by U.S. Army Lieutenant General Mark A. Milley
- National Anthem by Dallas Police Choir
Saturday, July 26, 2014 vs. Oakland Athletics - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW
- KIA Long Ball Section - All fans in a designated outfield section will receive a Long Ball Section T-shirt, Cheer Card, and KIA Coupon
- National Anthem and God Bless America by ACOUSTIX
- Metropolitan Black Chamber 35th Anniversary Presentation before game
- Veterans to Work/Majesty Hospitality Presentation before game
Sunday, July 27, 2014 vs. Oakland Athletics - 6:05 p.m. - FSSW
- Coca-Cola Fedora Hat Giveaway (first 15,000 fans)
- Texas A&M Night with ceremonial first pitch by former A&M quarterback Kevin Murray
- National Anthem by Victoria Minton
- God Bless America by Stacey Dyer
Monday, July 28, 2014 vs. New York Yankees - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW
- Richard Greene Scholars Presentation before the game by Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation
- National Anthem by Lauren Hendrick
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 vs. New York Yankees - 7:05 p.m. - FS1
- Pregame presentation for Heroes en la Communidad by Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation
- National Anthem by Todd Oxford on saxophone
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 vs. New York Yankees - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW
- Pregame ceremony for tribute to Derek Jeter beginning at 6:40 p.m.
- Texas Rangers Wives "Mystery Ball" Sale from 4:30-7:30 p.m. on Lower Concourse near Section 13
- Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday for Kids 13 and under
- National Anthem by Bridgette Hammers